Monday, July 20, 2015

Moving Forward With Confidence

This is a brief update to my last blog. That blog talked about dealing with conflicting recommendations from our medical oncologists. We have decided to move forward with the course prescribed by our local oncologist, Dr. Batts. This will involve weekly chemotherapy infusions for six weeks, then two weeks off, and then six more weekly treatments.

Even though there are pros and cons for differing approaches, we proceed with confidence. Note however, our hope and confidence transcends that which is offered by the medical community. Following is my paraphrase of the writing of Thomas a Kempis on the topic of confidence.

In you, O Lord God, I place my whole hope and refuge; on you I rest my suffering and sorrow; for I find my life to be frail and fragile; however, I continue to hold on to you.  

Many have offered to help: loyal friends, caring councilors, and compassionate pastors. However, unless you assist, help, strengthen, counsel, instruct, and guard; everyone’s good intentions will fall far short.

You, O Lord, are the culmination of all that is good, the height of life, the depth of all that can be spoken. To hope in you is my strongest comfort. 

To you, therefore, I lift up my eyes; in you, the Father of mercies, do I put my trust. Protect and keep me from the dangers, difficulties, and diseases of this corruptible life. 

By your grace, direct me along the way of hope and peace in this life and in the journey toward being at home with you in the place of everlasting brightness and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment